Sunday, October 23, 2011

Feeling of Contentment

After years and years of struggling to reach some sort of a destination in life, I feel like I have either arrived to the destination I have been looking for or that I have finally come to an understanding that the journey is the destination.  I know I have been blogging about this for months (6 to be exact!) but I still can't believe how happy I am with life right now. 

Of course I have my ups and downs like everyone but I have to say that for the first time in a long time and maybe ever, I find that the ups DRASTICALLY outweigh the downs.  And yet, it feels a little earie...I can't help but feel like there's a storm a brewing...and yet to fully believe that the journey is the destination, you must also understand that this too shall pass.  To quote Longfellow, "In every life a little rain must fall". 

When the inevitable rains come, I hope I will remember that it is still part of the journey and that too shall pass.  Something tells me it will be a little more challenging.  So for now I am enjoying these sunny days, weeks and months.  I am now taking the time to plant the roses, grow them and smell them as I enjoy each and every moment of this gift the universe has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment